REMEMBER, SAFETY FIRST
- Always keep a burning candle within sight
- Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire
- Keep burning candles out of the reach of children and pets
- Always use a candleholder specifically designed for candle use
- Always burn candles on a stable, heat-resistant surface
- Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches and debris
- Always read and follow the manufacturer’s use and safety instructions carefully.
- Keep burning candles away from drafts, vents, fans and air currents
- Always burn candles in a well-ventilated room
- Do not burn a candle all of the way down (leave 0.5 - 1cm of wax in the container)
- Never touch or move a burning candle.
- Place burning candles at least 8cm apart from one another.
- Use a snuffer to extinguish a candle.
- Never extinguish candles with water
- Extinguish a candle if it repeatedly smokes or the flame becomes too high
- Be very careful if using candles during a power cut
- Never use a candle as a night light